pinterest verification

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Small log cabin on the stone

Hi everyone! I am proud to share my latest piece finished just today. It was a challenge for me because of it's size, but I am happy with the result. But let me tell you a short story first.

I was waiting for a train on a station two weeks ago. It was snowing and wet and I had 10 more minutes before the train. I looked at my feet: there were all kinds of stones there - you know, the usual ones that are everywhere you go. And I thought - hmmm, interesting, why noone is doing micro-minis on such stones? They are easy to find and provide great surface... The train came but I still managed to grab one stone and toss it in my pocked. (It was pretty dirty and I had to clean my hands all the way to the next station :) )

At home I washed it with soap and was happy with it's look:
 It was pretty heavy, but I didn't pay attention to it. I went to pinterest.com and found some inspirational photos for a small log cabin. Like this one:
I was eager to get started! I have drawn the plan of the house, sit at my desk... And found out that if I make this cabin in 1:144 it'll be so big that it'll cover the whole stone! But I wanted to make a garden too... I was close to ditching the project, but curiosity won: Can I make it again smaller? I've sketched another plan and started working:

Formed tiny house, made curtains and hung paintings:



... I didn't do any more in process photos, so let's imagine a little magic here...
AND TA-DA:







Last, but not least - the size :) I suppose it is circa 1:288, the house itself measures 15mm x 10mm x 14 mm



And this is how I work. At night. In a huuuuuge mess! :)
Thx for stepping by! 
I hope I've inspired someone for seeing tiny treasures where you have never expect to find them :)


19 comments:

  1. That's lovely and soooooo small! Very inspiring!
    Véronique

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done an amazing job Daria! The detail you have managed to get in something so tiny is astounding! Who cares if you make a mess when you produce masterpieces like this! I love it! Kind regards, Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love it! It's so tiny but well detailed and in scale. Wonderful work!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so good and creative thought and such a brilliant idea. It's so wonderful. Very well done.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Все меньше и меньше! Очень впечатляет!!!
    Татьяна

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sin palabras es fabulosa, un trabajo magnifico.
    Un abrazo.
    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...that is so small. You did an amazing job with all of the tiny details.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Daria, I fully agree with you: everywhere are miniatures, if you'll look well, but they really are there :D!
    You have outdone yourself! Because this house looks so lovely and cosy, allthough it is so small. And that garden is really stunning!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this house and garden are Amazing. Fantastic work I love it.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it =) (As always ;) ) I have been looking for stones to build on, but haven't found one I really like yet =) Your stone is very beautiful =) But the house is even better =)
    And the garden is perfect!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  11. It´s fantasic! Iove it. You did a great job.
    I have an award for you. Please visit my blog and take it.
    Greetings and a hug
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Дарья, ты такая умничка! Супер просто)))) смотря на последнюю фотографию видишь масштаб работы!!! Меня эта работа зацепила)) Камень и дом с природой, так и хочется разглядывать!!!!!!!! Еще новогодняя тема с крайнего поста впечатлила!!!!!! Ты мастер!!!!! А есть ссылка где твой онлайн магазин?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Спасибо, Ксань)
      я сюда ссылку не постила - все равно в основном англоязычные читатели, а магазин на ярмарке, здесь - microdomiki.livemaster.ru

      Delete
  13. Да, забыла сказать))) где ты взяла такие большие 5 рублей))) хихихиххи)))))

    ReplyDelete
  14. ой... я что то удалила нечаянно(
    спасибо)) за ссылку) буду к тебе частенько в гости заходить) я тоже все же решилась открыть свой магазин ) но не только миниатюры а еще и валяние) может ты уже видела мои игрушки)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice work, I really love it! Hugs, Melli

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know I'm late to the party but I thought I'd pass on a tip. Making tiny picture frames was giving me a fit. I found some nail art decorations that are oval and look like a real frame. I got mine from AliExpress but you can probably get them at a beauty supply. Love you creations!

    ReplyDelete